Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
Today in this article we will guide you how o download and Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T. The users who want to install twrp recovery on their OnePlus 5T device may follow the below steps carefully. Before starting the process make sure to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to do it then don’t worry we will guide you through the detailed process on how to Install TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 5T device.
OnePlus 5T comes with a 6.01-inch(1080x2160pixels) OPTIC AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor. This device supports 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB of inbuilt storage which cannot be expandable. It sports a dual 20MP+16MP of rear camera 16MP of selfie camera. This device boasts a 3300mAh of the battery.
Now the users who want to install the TWRP recovery on their device may follow the below steps carefully. If you did any mistake it will brick your device so be careful.
- Make sure your device is charged 60-70%.
- Don’t forget to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Keep in mind that this is only for OnePlus 5T users.
Steps to Unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5T
1. At first Download the TWRP recovery file from the below link.
2. Make sure to Enable USB debugging ON on your device.
3. Now power OFF your device.
4. Now download and install ADB Drivers on your PC.
5. Now move the TWRP file in the ADB Folder.
6. Now open the ADB FOlder.
7. Hold Shift + Right Click on the mouse and now click open the command prompt.
8. Now hold power+ Volume button to move your device into download mode and connect it to PC via USB cable.
9. Now enter the below commands to unlock the bootloader of your device.
fastboot oem unlock-go
That’s All, now you have successfully unlocked your device bootloader.
Steps to Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
1. Now follow the same above steps to install twrp recovery.
2. Power OFF your device and boot into download mode and connect it to PC.
3. Now open the ADB folder and open a new command prompt.
4. Now enter the below commands to install TWRP on your device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
That’s All, Now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 5T device.
Note: Rename the TWRP file as recovery.img
Files to Download:
TWRP 3.1.1 – Download