Install Android 8.0 oreo custom rom on Google Nexus 4
Install Android 8.0 oreo custom ROM on Google Nexus 4: Google has launched its Nexus 4 device 5 years back. This device was its flagship at the time of launch and its got a huge success. Nexus 4 was launched by LG with the JellyBean 4.2.
The users have expected that it will receive even one update but unfortunately google nexus 4 has got 4 major updates. This device also received the latest Android Oreo update. The developers are releasing the latest updates as custom roms for this device as the Google has forgotten this device.
So the users who have nexus 4 in their hand and want to get the latest Android Oreo rom on their device can follow the below guide. Before starting the installation keep in mind that it is not an official update. The custom rom developer has released this rom and it’s still in the development stage. You may find some bugs in this rom.
- Make sure your device is charged above 70% or higher.
- Your device must be rooted with latest TWRP installed.
- This is only for Nexus 4 users.
- Do a complete backup of your device before starting the flashing process.
Steps to Install:
- First you need to download the rom file.
- Now move the downloaded file to your device internal storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Hold volume down + power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Now move to install and select the downloaded rom file and slide to install it.
- Installation process may take some time wait till iit gets finished.
- Now go back and install GAPPS.
- That’s All, Now reboot your device.
- Now you have successfully installed Android Oreo ROM on Nexus 4 device.