Install Android 8.0 Oreo custom rom on Moto Z
Install Android 8.0 Oreo custom rom on Moto Z: Google has recently launched Android 8.0 (Oreo) on its Pixel and Nexus devices. As far its proven as the fastest ROM. Also, Google has also released the list of Pixel and Nexus device receiving this Android Oreo update. Motorola has also recently released the list of devices getting Android 8.0 (Oreo) update and the Moto Z is also there in the list. But the official update will take some time to get it on your device. Now the unofficial version of lineage os 15 is there for the Moto Z users. The users who want to install this rom on their device can follow the below guide.
We have to thanks to the erfanoabdi a senior XDA member for releasing the unofficial version of lineage os 15 rom. This rom is the stable version and you can also use it on daily basis. At present, the rom is in the development stage and you may find some bugs in it. This bugs will soon be fixed by the developers. This lineage os 15 rom is based on Android 8.0 and it has some more features in it. Oreo Have some special features like picture in picture mode, app notification badges, lock screen shortcuts and much more.
To install this Oreo ROM on your device, your device must be rooted with bootloader unlocked. Your device must also have latest TWRP or CWM installed on it. Now this Unofficial Lineage OS 15 rom is finally available for download. The users who want to test this rom on your device may install this on your device.
- Make sure to charge your device above 70%.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- The device must be rooted with latest TWRP or CWM flashed.
- Keep in mind that this update is only for Moto Z users.
Steps to Install:
- At first download the rom files on your pc.
- Now move the downloaded rom file to your device internal storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Hold the volume down + power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Now go to install and select the rom file and slide to install it.
- Go back to home and install GAPPS and Magisk(Optional).
- Now reboot your device and enjoy the Android Oreo features on it.
Files to Download: