Install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Nexus 6P
Install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Nexus 6P: In the past some days lineage os 15 is going to be most successful rom for the users. If you don’t know lineage is the successor of CyanogenMod and the lineage roms are developing by the same team only. Lineage os 14.1 was officially launched in December 2016.
This lineage OS 14.1 has received more than 1 million installations and it is a great milestone for them. These developers have built the roms for over than 160 models. As exactly the lineage os 15 also built for more over 150 models. Now follow the below guide carefully to install Lineage OS 15 rom on your Nexus 6P.
Till date we have seen so many android versions like gingerbread, ice-cream, sandwich, jellybean, KitKat, lollipop, marshmallow, nougat, and at present Oreo. These all are the Android versions.
Nexus 6P device was launched in 2015 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This device was the flagship to google and it receives the updates first as it arrives. Now there is a lineage os 15 is available for this device. Follow the below guide carefully to install this rom on your device.
- Make sure your device is charged above 70% or higher.
- The device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Your device must be rooted with latest TWRP installed.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Keep in mind that this is only for Nexus 6P users.
How to root:
The users who don’t know how to root your device may go through the below link. Rooting helps you to install any custom rom which you want. Because the manufacturers will not release the Android updates fast so you can get the latest updates by installing the custom ROMs on your device. The custom rom developers will release the roms with the latest Android update soon.
By rooting your device you may also get some extra facilities. Rooting helps you to remove the unwanted system app which you don’t want it on your device. So the users who don’t know how to root your device and want’s to root your device may go through the below link.
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Nexus 6P:
- At first download the rom file.
- Now move the downloaded rom file to your device inbuilt storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP by holding volume down + power buttons simultaneously.
- Now go to install and select the moved rom file from the inbuilt storage.
- Wait till the installation finished.
- Clear the cache/wipe cache.
- Now reboot your device and your device will boot into latest Android 8.0 Oreo.