Install Lineage OS 15 on Moto G5 Plus
Install Lineage OS 15 on Moto G5 Plus: Moto G5 Plus was Motorola’s entry-level smartphone and was launched earlier this year. This device was launched on Android 7.0 Nougat. It makes a huge success in the global market for its budget range. Motorola has announced that along with Moto G5 Plus some of the other devices may also receive the Android Oreo update in a few months. But unfortunately, custom ROM developers have built a Lineage OS 15 ROM for the Moto G5 Plus users.
The users who can’t wait till the official OTA update of Android 8.0 Oreo can do it manually by following our below guide. To get the Android Oreo features on your device you need to install lineage os 15 ROM on your device. Lineage os 15 ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. As you all know that Google has recently launched Android Oreo on its Nexus and Pixel devices. This Android Oreo comes with some extra features like picture in picture mode, app notification badges. lock screen shortcuts and much more.
Now there is only the unofficial build of Lineage OS 15 is available. The Motorola has not yet released the Android Oreo update for Moto G5 Plus. This is not an official update you may find some bugs in this rom because it’s in the development stage. The developers are working on it to make a stable ROM. Now the users who want to install this Lineage OS 15 ROM on their device can follow the below guide carefully.
- Charge your device above 60-70%
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Also Your device must be rooted with latest TWRP or CWM Flashed in it.
- Do a full backup of your device before starting the flashing process.
- This is only for Moto G5 Plus users.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15 on Moto G5 Plus:
- Download the ROM file from the below-provided link.
- Now move the downloaded file to your device internal storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by holding volume down + power buttons simultaneously.
- Now go to Install and select the downloaded ROM file and install it.
- Now go back and install GAPPS and Magisk.
- You have successfully installed Android Oreo ROM on your device.
- Now reboot your device and enjoy the Oreo features on your device.