Install Lineage OS 15 on Moto G(1st Gen)
Install Lineage OS 15 on Moto G(1st Gen): Motorola made a great comeback with its moto g last 4 years back. This device brings Motorola a nice hit for its features and great price range. The last update sent to MOto G was Android 5.0 Lollipop. After lollipop update moto G users not received any OTA updates. But the developers are building custom ROMs for the Moto G users Now the developers have built latest LinegeOS 15 custom ROM for the Moto G(1st Gen).
As you all know that android oreo was recently launched by Google on its Pixel and Nexus devices. Android features some extra features like App Notification badges, Picture in Picture mode, Lock Screen shortcuts and lots more. Now the other manufacturers are also started to give the Android Oreo update for their users. But it might take some time to receive Android Oreo updates on some Android devices.
This LineageOS is based on AOSP and this custom ROM supports both 3g and 4G VoLTE. Keep in mind that it’s not an official update and you may find some bugs in it because it’s in the development stage. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t experience the Android Oreo features on your mobile. You can able to get this Android Oreo by installing it manually on your device.
- Charge your device above 60-70% or higher than that.
- Download AD and Fastboot on your PC.
- Your device must have latest TWRP or CWN Flashed.
- Do a full backup of your device before starting the flashing process.
- Keep in mind that this update is only for Moto G users.
Steps To Install LIneage Os 15 on Moto G(1st Gen):
- At first download the Lineage OS 15 ROM file on your PC.
- Now move the downloaded ROM file to your device internal storage.
- To install this your device must be rooted
- Your device must have latest CWM or TWRP Flashed.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now move to Install and select the downloaded ROM file and slide to install it.
- Wait till the flashing process completes.
- Now go back and install GAPPS and Magisk.
- Now reboot your device, you have installed Android Oreo on your device.
- The first boot may take some time so don’t worry have some patience.
Files to Download:
Lineage OS 15 for Moto G(1st Gen) – Click Here
Arm – Download
Arm64 – Download
Magisk – Download