Install Android 8.0 oreo custom rom on Redmi 3/Pro
Install Android 8.0 oreo custom rom on Redmi 3/Pro: Xiaomi has launched it’s Redmi 3 Pro on last year with some huge expectations. This device was launched on Android 5.0 Lollipop and later it was upgraded to Android Marshmallow. It was the last official update from Xiaomi and till now they have not released an update. But the developers are releasing so many custom ROMs for the users. Now the developers have built an unofficial lineage os 15 rom for Xiaomi Redmi 3/Pro users.
This lineage OS 15 custom rom is now available for Redmi 3 users and its based on Android 8.0 Oreo. As you all know Google has released Android 8.0 Oreo last month on its Pixel and Nexus devices. Now the other manufacturers also working on to release the oreo update for their users. This Android Oreo ROM features some special features like picture in picture mode, app notification badges, lock screen shortcuts and much more. Now we can’t hope that Xiaomi will release an official update for redmi 3. So the users who want to install this rom manually can follow the below guide.
we clarify that this lineage os 15 rom is the unofficial version and its still in the development stage. You may also find some bugs in it and some features may not work properly. So we didn’t recommend it for the daily purpose and wait till the stable rom released. The developers are still working on this to provide the stable version without any bugs and you may soon get this. Now the users who want to test this rom on their device may follow the below guide.
- Charge your device above 60-70% or higher than that.
- Keep in mind that your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Your device must be rooted with the latest version of TWRP or CWM flashed.
- This is only for the Redmi 3/preo users.
Step to Install:
- At first download the rom file.
- now move the downloaded rom file to your device internal storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by holding volume down + power buttons simultaneously.
- Now go to install and select the downloaded rom file and install it.
- The installation process may take some time wait till it gets finished.
- Now move back and install GAPPS and Magisk.
- Now reboot your device.
- You have successfully installed Android Oreo ROM on your device.