Install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 9
Here in this article, we will learn how to download and Install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 9. Now a days all the users are mainly focussing on custom roms, as the manufacturers are not providing fast OTA updates. This is the reason most of the users are focussing on Custom ROMs. So the users who want to install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 9 may follow the below guide carefully.
As you all know rooting becomes a passion in the present generation. Rooting your device will give you some extra permissions by which you can install custom ROMs, Mods. You can also remove the unwanted system apps on rooted mobiles. So if you don’t know how to root your device then just go through the below post.
How to root:
The users who don’t know how to root your device may go through the below link. Rooting helps you to install any custom rom which you want. Because the manufacturers will not release the Android updates fast so you can get the latest updates by installing the custom ROMs on your device. The custom rom developers will release the roms with the latest Android update soon.
By rooting your device you may also get some extra facilities. Rooting helps you to remove the unwanted system app which you don’t want it on your device. So the users who don’t know how to root your device and want’s to root your device may go through the below link.
- Make sure to charge your device above 70% or higher than that.
- Don’t forget to unlock your device bootloader.
- Do a complete backup of your device before starting any process.
- Keep in mind that this is only for Honor 9 users.
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Honor 9
1. At first, download the ROM file.
2. Now move the downloaded rom file to your device internal storage.
3. Now power OFF your device.
4. Boot your device into recovery mode by holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
5. Don’t forget to take a full backup of your device before starting the flashing process.
6. Now wipe system/cache/data memory.
7. At first, go to install and select the vendor.zip and install it.
8. Now go back to install and select the downloaded rom file and slide to install it.
9. Wait till the installation process finished.
10. Now go back and install GAPPS.
11. That’s All, Now reboot your device.
First boot may take some time so have some patience.
Files for Download: