Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Huawei Ascend G7
LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Huawei Ascend G7: Good news for Huawei Ascend G7 users, today we are here with a new LineageOS 14.1 ROM. This lineage OS 14.1 ROM is based on the Android 7.1.2 Nougat. CyanogenMod has recently got closed and they have released the LineageOS by renaming the CyanogenMod.
Talking about this device it comes with a 5.5-inch(720x1080pixels) IPS LCD Display with a pixel density of 267ppi. This device is powered by a Quad-Core 1.2GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC. It has 2GB RAM and 16GB inbuilt storage which can also be expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD card. This device sports a 13MP rear and 5MP selfie camera. It packs a 3000mAh battery and it comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box.
The users who want to install this lineage os 14.1 rom on their device may follow the below guide carefully. As the manufacturers are always late to provide the updates. But we have to thanks to custom rom developers who are building the latest Android versions for the users.
To install this ROM your device must be rooted. Keep in mind that this is not an official update. This rom is developed by custom ROM developers. So the users who still want to install this rom on your device may follow the below steps.
Before starting the installation process we clear that your device must be rooted to install this rom. If the users don’t know how to root the device and don’t have any rooting knowledge may not fear. Here we also providing the link by which you can know what rooting means and by following it you can easily root your device.
How to root:
The users who don’t know how to root your device may go through the below link. Rooting helps you to install any custom rom which you want. Because the manufacturers will not release the Android updates fast so you can get the latest updates by installing the custom ROMs on your device. The custom rom developers will release the roms with the latest Android update soon.
By rooting your device you may also get some extra facilities. Rooting helps you to remove the unwanted system app which you don’t want it on your device. So the users who don’t know how to root your device and want’s to root your device may go through the below link.
- Make sure to charge your device above 70-80%.
- Don’t forget to unlock the Bootloader.
- To install the ROM your device must have root access with latest TWRP or CWM installed.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Keep in mind that this update is only for Huawei Ascend G7 users.
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Huawei Ascend G7:
- At first download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM file.
- Now move the downloaded ROM file to your device internal storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Hold volume down + power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Now go to install and select the downloaded rom file and install it.
- It will take some time to install.
- Now go back and install GAPPS.
- Now reboot your device.