Install LineageOS on Moto E2
Install LineageOS on Moto E2: Moto E2 was the 2nd entry-level smartphone of series Moto E. This device was launched back in 2015 with Android 5.0 lollipop and later it was upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0. But still, there are no any other official announcements of its Android Nougat and Oreo updates. But don’t worry custom ROM developers has built a Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto E2 users.
This Lineage OS 15 custom ROM is based on the AOSP which runs on latest Android 8.0 Oreo. As you all know Google has released Android Oreo last month on its Pixel and Nexus devices. This Android 8.0 Oreo ROM features some interesting updates and features. Android oreo has some extra features like picture in picture mode, lock screen shortcuts, app notification badges and much more.
Now we don’t hope that Motorola will provide this update for the Moto E2 users because as it already released pushed out the two software updates for the users. So the users who can’t wait till the Official OTA update of Android Oreo and wants to manually install this Oreo ROM on their device can follow the below guide. To install this Lineage OS 15 ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo can follow the below guide carefully.
- Charge your device above 60% or higher than that.
- Device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Your device must be rooted with the latest version TWRP or CWM installed.
- Take a full backup of your device.
- Keep in mind that this is only for MOto E2 users.
Steps to Install LineageOS on Moto E2
- At first download the lineage os 15 ROM file.
- Now move the downloaded file to your device internal storage.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Hold the Volume + Power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Now go to install and select the downloaded rom file and install it.
- Now go back and install GAPPS and Magisk.
- Wait till the flashing process get completes.
- Now reboot your device and boot your device to latest Android Oreo and enjoy the Oreo features on your Moto E2.
Files to download: