Install TWRP Recovery and Root Sony Xperia XZ1
Today in this article we will guide you how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Sony Xperia XZ1. All you need to do is just follow the below guide carefully otherwise, your device may get bricked. As you all know that the Sony Xperia XZ1 device was launched in August and after 4 months later an XDA member has solved how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Sony Xperia XZ1.
To install the TWRP recovery first you need to unlock the bootloader of your device. If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader of your device then just go through the below article.
- Make sure your device is charged above 70% or higher than that.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Don’t forget to Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Do a complete backup of your device before starting any process.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia XZ1
- Make sure to enable USB debugging ON on your device.
- Now power OFF your device.
- Don’t forget to install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB Cable.
- Now open the Fastboot folder and hold shift+right click to open a command prompt.
- Enter the below commands in it.
adb reboot bootloader
- once the device boot in bootloader mode, enter the below command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- Now reboot your device.
- That’s All, Now you have successfully unlocked your device bootloader.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery:
1. At first download the TWRP Recovery file and Kernel image.
2. Now move both the recovery and Kernel files to the ADB folder on your PC.
3. Now open the ADB Folder on your PC and Hold SHift+Right Click to open a command window and enter the below commands.
4. ShutDown your smartphone and connect it to PC via USB cable.
5. Now enter the below commands.
6. To check your device is connected or not
adb reboot bootloader
7. To boot your device into bootloader mode
8. Once your device is in fastboot mode, enter the below commands.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash FOTAKernel boot.img
9. Now enter the below command to reboot your device.
Now you have successfully installed twrp recovery on your device.
Steps to Root Sony Xperia XZ1
1. Doanload the magisk file and move it to your device internal storage.
2. Now power OFF your device.
3. Hold volume down+power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into recovery mode.
4. Now select the Install and search for the Magisk file and slide to Install it.
5. Now reboot your device.