Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus
Today in this article, we will guide you how to Install TWRP recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus. Rooting will give you the Admin access to which you can do anything you want and this is very much helpful for the Android Developers.The users can also able to remove the unwanted apps from your device. By rooting your device you may also able to install third-party ROMs, MODs, and Kernels.
Rooting your Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus may able to change the CPU settings to get the better battery backup. The users can also get the additional benefits of installing Custom ROMs and Special Apps. Here in this article, we will guide you how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus. Follow the below steps carefully while rooting your device otherwise, your device may get bricked.
To know how to root any Android device without using PC or Laptop go through the below link.
- Make sure to charge your device above 60-70%.
- Install the USB Drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Don’t forget to Enable USB Debugging ON on your device.
- Do a complete backup of your device before starting the rooting process.
- Keep in mind that this is only for Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus users.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus:
1. Make sure that your device bootloader is unlocked.
2. Download the TWRP recovery file on your PC.
3. Now open the ADB and Fastboot Folder and move the Downloaded TWRP Recovery file in it.
4. Now Power OFF your device.
5. Connect the device to PC via USB cable.
6. Now open the ADB folder and hold Shift + Right click to open a command window.
7. Now enter the below commands in it:
adb reboot bootloader fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot.
That’s All, Now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 and 5 Plus:
1. At first Download the SuperSU or Magisk file.
2. Now move the downloaded file to your device internal storage.
3. Now power OFF your device.
4. Hold volume down+power buttons simultaneously to boot your device into recovery mode.
5. Now go to Install and select the SuperSU.zip or Magisk file and slide to install it.
6. Wait till the installation process gets finished.
7. Now reboot your device.
That’s All Now you have successfully rooted your device.
Files to Download: