Redmi Note 4
Searching for how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 4 and root it, then you have landed to the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you how to install the bootloader and root your Redmi Note 4.
The process is different while compares with other smartphones. To unlock this device you will only need a China developer firmware. For that, You only need a China firmware installed on your device before unlocking the bootloader.
- MIUI approval to unlock – https://goo.gl/iGxtXS
- Mi Unlock APP – https://goo.gl/a2hHQe
- SP FlashTool and Drivers – https://goo.gl/SjrYn5
- Latest Redmi Note 4 Fastboot(TGZ File) – https://goo.gl/cKcGd6
- CUST.Bin File – https://goo.gl/AVG5qT
- ADB Fastboot – https://goo.gl/GsbxmK
Steps to Unlock Bootloader:
- Install the drivers on your PC by moving into MTK_Driver_Installer.EXT folder and choose the file DriverInstaller.EXE as Administrator to install it.
Note: Some users are not able to install the drivers on Windows 10, If this problem occurs on your PC you need to disable DriverSignature Enforcement on your PC by entering this commands
bcedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcedit.exe -set TESTSIGNINGON
2. Unrar the ROM files(from TGZ file) to a New Folder
3. Now move to \images folder and replace the CUST.img with the Custom one.
4. Run the SP FlashTool as Administrator
5. Go to Download Agent and select the MTK_All_In_One_DA.BIN located in SP FlasgTool folder.
6. Next, go to Scatter-loading and select the MT6797_Android_Scatter.txt located in the ROM \images folder.
7. Now select all the partitions except Preloader.
8. Power Off your device and click on Download(Don’t connect your device).
9. Now by holding volume down connect the USB cable and wait till it connects. You will see a yellow bar after its started the processing.
10. Wait till the process finished, It may take 3-5mins and appears Download OK option on the screen.
11. Unplug the USB cable and by pressing the power button to boot. First boot may take around 8-10mins, wait till the logo appears on the display.
12. Now you have successfully flashed the China Firmware on your device.
13. Go to settings->About Phone->Tap on MIUI version for 8-10 times this will enable Developer option.
14. Go to Developer options and enable OEM unlock and USB Debugging.
15. Now go to i.mi.com and Login. Click on Find device and wait till you find your device.
16. Open the Mi Unlock APP and follow the steps. To boot your device into fastboot mode, Hold volume down+power button till it boots into fastboot.
Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.
To Check Bootloader Status:
Enter the below command to check(connect your device in Fastboot Mode).
fastboot getvar unlocked
It will display the result in Yes/No:
Steps to Install TWRP:
2. Now open the ADB folder and hold Shift+Right click to open a command window. Now enter the below commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery.img
3. Now you have successfully installed the TWRP on your device.
Steps to Root your device:
- Download the SuperSU file from Here and move it to device internal storage.
- Now power off your device.
- By holding Power+volume Up button to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Go to Install and select the SuperSU file and slide to install it.
Now reboot your device, you may see SuperSU app on your device. It means you have successfully rooted your Redmi Note 4.